How This Nourishes Your Body
Move over avocado pudding, enter — > CAULIFLOWER MOUSSE!
Cauliflower is magical because it can be used in so many delightful ways from cauliflower mashed potatoes to cauliflower rice to creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce to adding frozen cauliflower to smoothies to make them thicker!
I love this dessert because it’s thick and creamy and you would never know it’s base is an antioxidant-rich vegetable.
Practically no calories and packed with fiber!…yes, dreams do come true!
I am going to give you the basic recipe, but you can customize it in so many different ways depending on how you are feeling that day!
Basic Cauliflower Mousse Recipe
- 1 smaller head of cauliflower about 1.5-2 cups
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp Gelatin (red can)
- 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener of choice to taste (raw honey, stevia, maple syrup, monk fruit, coconut sugar etc.)
Once you make the basic recipe, play around adding one of these options:
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream or coconut butter
- 2-4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Lately, I have been doing a mix of 2 tablespoons dark chocolate 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon almond butter! Get creative!
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Steam cauliflower until soft.
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients in basic recipe
- Then add in whatever else you want (I like to the cauliflower to be warm so it melts the butter/chocoalte chips)
- Pour into serving cups and refrigerate a few hours until firm. Or you can eat it right away if you can’t wait;)