4.5/5 stars from 100 users. Reviews: 88.
Move over avocado pudding, enter --- > CAULIFLOWER MOUSSE! Cauliflower is magical because it can be used in so many delightful ways from cauliflower mashed potatoes to cauliflower rice to creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce to adding frozen cauliflower to smoothies to...
How This Nourishes Your Body
Secret Chocolate Cauliflower Mousse
Move over avocado pudding, enter — > CAULIFLOWER MOUSSE!
Cauliflower is magical because it can be used in so many delightful ways from cauliflower mashed potatoes to cauliflower rice to creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce to adding frozen cauliflower to smoothies to make them thicker!
I love this dessert because it’s thick and creamy and you would never know it’s base is an antioxidant-rich vegetable.
Practically no calories and packed with fiber!…yes, dreams do come true!
I am going to give you the basic recipe, but you can customize it in so many different ways depending on how you are feeling that day!
Basic Cauliflower Mousse Recipe
- 1 smaller head of cauliflower about 1.5-2 cups
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp Gelatin (red can)
- 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener of choice to taste (raw honey, stevia, maple syrup, monk fruit, coconut sugar etc.)
Once you make the basic recipe, play around adding one of these options:
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream or coconut butter
- 2-4 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Lately, I have been doing a mix of 2 tablespoons dark chocolate 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon almond butter! Get creative!
- Steam cauliflower until soft.
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients in basic recipe
- Then add in whatever else you want (I like to the cauliflower to be warm so it melts the butter/chocoalte chips)
- Pour into serving cups and refrigerate a few hours until firm. Or you can eat it right away if you can’t wait;)
Print This Recipe
Truly delicious! I added the 3 Tbs coconut cream, 3 Tbs dark choc drops and 3 drops of pure orange essential oil. It was an amazing dessert, topped with guava half and whipped almond cream. This will become a “go-to” easy, impressive dessert for the future, Thank you so much.
This is the MOST drop-dead amazing mousse on the planet. I am a Cordon Bleu chef and I tell you, this is a classic! I added the coconut cream 3 Tbs and 3 Tbs choc. chips melted together plus 3 drops orange essential food grade oil. Marvellous!! Clever girl for thinking this up! I’m onboard!
That sounds amazing Rosalind! I am SO HAPPY you liked it!! 🙂
Thanks for making something without coconut. I love it but it HATES me and doing keto without it has been challenging.
I totally get that! I have been wanting to make more things without coconut so be on the look out!
Hi please could you be more specific about the gelatin red can please? I’m in the UK
Yes please! be more specific some of us are not in the US.
Brand: Great Lakes Gelatin. They sell one in green can, and one that thickens in the red can.
Think i could make a cauliflower lime pudding???
Can I use a packet of regular, unflavored, powdered gelatin instead of this special (and expensive!) bone/collagen stuff?
Seems wasteful to buy a pricey version in a can when you only need to use such a small amount…
Use what you have for sure!