How This Nourishes Your Body
I used to be a huge milkshake gal. Dairy Queen, Arby’s jamocha shake, Wendy’s frosty. . . aye.
The funny thing is milkshakes don’t have to be terrible for you or your waistline, they can actually be the opposite. This milkshake is fat burning, hormone balancing, and brain fueling. Low in sugar and full of healthy fats and clean protein.
Other healthy shakes:
Notes for Healthy Cake Batter Milkshake
- The trick to making this milkshake so delicious, thick, and creamy is to freeze half of the milk beforehand and blend right before consuming.
- You can use any sweetener you like- this monk fruit to make it sugar-free, or maple syrup or raw honey.
- I like adding bone broth vanilla protein to this but feel free to add whatever you have on hand or just sub vanilla extract.
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Pour 1 cup milk into ice cube tray and freeze
- Blend remaining 1 cup liquid coconut milk with nut butter, vanilla protein powder, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add coconut milk ice cubes and blend until just smooth and no ice cube chunks remain (don’t blend too much or the ice will begin to melt, and you’ll lose that thick milkshake consistency).
- Pulse in cacao nibs or chocolate chips until they’re evenly distributed and flecked throughout milkshake, but not completely incorporated.