Having certain Healthy Kitchen Food Staples makes creating healthy meals on a daily basis become quite fast with little thinking or effort. Stock up on these staples and the food creating possibilities will be endless in that kitchen of yours! Try to find a space in the kitchen for each category below. The more organized, the less thinking required.
Here are my kitchen food staples that I love to keep around and use on a daily basis. You can start by working on stocking up on one category a week.
Healthy Kitchen Food Staples:
Fats and Oils
Dressing/Sauce Add Ins
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Hot Sauce
- Real Mayo made with avocado oil and organic eggs
- Raw honey
- Grade B Mayple Syup
Pantry Items and Bulk Buying
- Coconut Flakes: Shredded and Flakes
- Almond Butter
- Full fat cans of coconut milk
- Chicken/Vegetable broth if you do not make it your own
- Protein Powders: Grass fed whey protein, pea protein, hemp protein
- Grains: Buy in bulk: quinoa, millit, amaranth, rice,
- Legumes: Beans, lentils: all kinds
- Herbal Teas: Oh so many to choose from!
Fridge and Freezer Staples:
- Frozen berries: all kinds
- Frozen wild caught fish
- Frozen beef, bison, chicken, turkey
- Nuts: All kinds, buy in bulk and keep in refrigerator to prevent mold and keep fresh
- Lemons and limes: fresh or juice.
- Organic dressings
- Fermented foods: RAW, store bought or homemade
- Flax and Chia Seeds