Diet to Balance Hormones
Using diet to balance hormones is so powerful! Who doesn’t want a rocking reproductive system, balanced hormones, and glowing skin? I know I do, and eating certain nutrient dense foods will without a doubt put anyone on the path they need to go. If we like it or not, hormones control our body. Everything from mood, digestion, and energy, to how our skin looks, our metabolism, and libido.
Your beautiful body needs certain nutrients to produce hormones correctly and stay in balance. If we do not eat foods that have these nutrients, our body cannot produce hormones correctly or maintain hormonal balance simply because it does not have the building blocks to do so. Whatever you are eating is either helping hormonal production, or causing unpredictable imbalances.
Healthy Fat = Happy Hormones
The human body needs a lovely balance of all three macronutriets, carbohydrates, protein, and especially fat. Fat is crucial in the diet to balance hormones.
Fat is one of the most CRUCIAL elements for hormonal balance. Mainstream media has engraved into our minds that low-fat, fat free, is good and cholesterol and saturated fat is bad. This is a terrible, dangerous lie. Healthy fat is the raw material that is needed to produce and maintain proper hormone function! Hormones are produced using certain fatty acids and cholesterol, so if our bodies are not getting these nutrients, hormone problems arise simply because the body doesn’t have the building blocks to make them. Our body needs certain fats for rebuilding cells and hormone production. This is especially important for the female reproductive system.
Because false information has been engraved into our minds, not many woman these days are eating cholesterol and saturated fat and are suffering from fertility issues and hormonal imbalances more than ever before seen in history.
It is time to reprogram our mind how to perceive fat. When you hear healthy fat, think of balance, stability, and total nourishment. Healthy fats give you incredible energy, they keep the appetite regulated, and they make cells strong and healthy. Healthy fats are also a key component to healthy, glowing skin.
Eating for Hormonal Balance
Basing meals off clean protein, hormone-balancing healthy fats, antioxidant-rich vegetables, and healing herbs will help your body thrive and is the best Diet to Balance Hormones. Choose one food from each category for an easy, hormone balancing, skin healing, meal.
Vegetarian: Soaked or sprouted nuts, beans, seeds, quinoa, or lentils.
Non Vegetarian: Organic pastured-raised/grass fed chicken, turkey, beef, bison, elk, lamb, or wild caught fish. Especially wild caught Alaskan Salmon!
Hormone Balancing Healthy Fats:
1. Coconut Oil: All coconut products for that matter. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is extremely healing and nutritious to the skin and hormonal production. It is also kills bad bacteria and viruses in the body, provides a quick source of energy, is easy to digest, and speeds up metabolism.
2. Avocados: Avocados are rich in a healthy fat that helps our body absorb and use nutrients and is easily burned as energy. They are also full of fiber, potassium vitamin E, B-vitamins, and Folic acid – all essential for maintaining hormonal balance in the body.
3. Butter/Ghee: Butter/Ghee provide a rich source of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K2- these nutrients are the key building blocks for hormonal production. Butter provides great amounts of short- and medium-chain fatty acids, which support immune function, boost metabolism and have anti-microbial properties; meaning, they fight against bad bacteria and viruses in the body.
When butter comes from cows eating green grass, it contains high levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a compound that gives excellent protection against cancer, speeds up metabolism and also helps your body build muscle rather than store fat.
4. Egg Yolks: Egg yolks are rich in countless vitamins and minerals including: A, D, E, B2, B6, B9, iron, calcium, phosphorous, potassium and choline which all contribute to a healthy reproductive system, hormonal balance, and healthy skin.
The choline and iodine in egg yolks are crucial for making healthy thyroid hormones, and these nutrients are essential for proper fetal brain development, it decreases neural tube defects, and it is a necessary component in breast milk.
5. Other Healthy Sources of Fat Include: Soaked nuts and seeds, olives and olive oil, fermented cod liver oil, hemp seed oil, flax-seed oil, and raw cultured diary products.
Antioxidant rich vegetables:
Anything dark green: Asparagus, broccoli, spinach,collard greens, cabbage, cucumbers, , kale, cilantro etc is incredible in a diet to balance hormones.
Colors: Green, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, red cabbage, red/white onions,tomatoes, and carrots.
Starchy Vegetables: Sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, yucca, beets, artichokes, butternut squash, and turnips.
Healing spices & herbs
If your body has the nutrients it needs to be in hormonal balance, it will be. You’ll experience glowing skin, stable moods, fertility, and consistent energy. Our bodies have an incredible ability to heal and be in balance, when given the nutrients they need to flourish.
- Body Ecology Products
- Cod Liver Oil
- Collagen– for healthy skin, hair, and mood balance