How This Nourishes Your Body
No Bake Berry Fudge
I love no bake recipes. This has been my go to summer food it seems. Perfect anytime of the day, filled with brain fueling and hormone balancing healthy fat, bio-available protein, and antioxidant rich berries, and of course good ol’ chocolate (cacao)… all together in a cooling and satisfying bar, easily stored in the freezer. Perfect with coconut milk blender ice cream.
Notes for no bake fudge
- Feel free to add collagen/gelatin powder (the ultimate beauty food)for extra protein which is what I have been doing.
- Use fresh or frozen berries- any combination you love.
- Placing the mixture in a pie dish makes the fudge a great create shape and thickness, but feel free to use any size/shape pan you want depending on the the shape and thickness you want the fudge to be.
- You can also use any type of nut you would like.
- Add more/less honey depending on the sweetness you want. I usually do not add any or substitute stevia.
- Line standard pie pan or other baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread berries and almonds evenly in single layer.
- In a saucepan over low-heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and 4 tablespoons of coconut oil together until you reach a nice smooth consistency. Whisk in caca powder, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over berries and nuts.
- Melt together almond butter with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over your chocolate and berry base. Sprinkle on coconut for topping. Place in freezer for about 25-35 minutes. Cut or break pieces. Enjoy!
- Store in freezer or refrigerator afterwards.