How This Nourishes Your Body
Butternut Squash Sauce? Yes, and it is amazing and creamy!
What started out to be butternut squash mash ‘potatoes’ quickly turned into a delicious sauce as I kept adding more coconut milk and realized it started looking like a creamy dressing. I was making zucchini noodles with broccoli and ground turkey that night and had the idea or pouring this creation all over. Verdict: We loved it! It looks like a cheese sauce and brings beautiful color and sweet taste and texture to our ‘pasta’ dish!
Butternut Squash Sauce
If you have any kind of squash around (acorn, butternut, pumpkin) add some coconut milk and make yourself one healthy dip/sauce that you can enjoy with a smile!
You can make the sauce sweet by adding cinnamon, butter, and honey to it OR savory by adding garlic, salt/pepper, and even some curry spice would be fantastic!
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
2. Either place the squash on a baking dish and drizzle 1 tablespoon butter on it along with the garlic cloves and roast until soft. 4o minish.
Peel with a vegetable peeler and cut into chunks and place on baking sheet and drizzle 1 tablespoon butter on it with garlic and roast until soft.
3. Transfer squash and garlic into blender, add addition tablespoon butter along with coconut milk and blend until smooth.
4. Add more/less liquid depending on how thick you want the sauce.
5. Add sauce to meat, vegetables, or gluten free pasta.