How This Nourishes Your Body
Coconut Oil Chocolate Nut Bar
These guys are the perfect nut bar. Full of protein and chocolate that will boost your metabolism. So easy to make, and perfect to keep in the fridge for a snack, dessert, or part of any meal! These will satisfy all sugar cravings, and take away your desires for not so healthy sugar filled snacks lurking around.
Perfect finger food. Awesome to make with and for kids. Here we have raw honey full of enzymes, coconut oil to balance hormones and fuel the brain, nuts and seeds full of minerals, fiber, and protein to fuel your body and support healthy skin, and antioxidant rich cinnamon to boost your immune system and kill bad bacteria in the body.
Few notes on this Nut Bar
- Add more/less honey depending on how sweet you like it.
- You can also use my favorite monk fruit sweetener – amazing replacement for regular sugar! Looks and tastes like sugar while being completely sugar-free and actually healthy!
- I usually use sprouted sunflower seeds and sprouted pumpkin seeds. I love the Go-Raw sprouted pumpkin and sprouted sunflower seeds because it saves you from having to soak and sprout the seeds yourself. Why do you want to only eat nuts and seeds that are sprouted?! Because when they are not sprouted, the outer layer contains phytic acid which blocks the body’s ability so absorb minerals and is really hard on your digestive system. Learn how to sprout nuts and seeds here.
- Use any combination of any nuts/seeds you like.
- You can add less nuts of you want more of a chocolate bar with a few nuts.
- Add more coconut oil or a tad bit of water or coconut milk if you need more liquid to fill the size of pan you are using.
- Pulse nuts in blender until chopped to your liking, some like bigger chunks, some like small.
- Melt coconut oil, honey, and cacao on low heat and mix until fully blended.
- Add nuts to chocolate mixture and combine.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- Add mixture and flatten until spread evenly around pan.
- Let harden in freezer for 30 minutes. Keep in fridge for remaining time!