How This Nourishes Your Body
A good Chocolate Covered Strawberry is my favorite.
Valentines Day is flooded with chocolate, candy bites, wine, love…. I believe we do need to get pleasure from food and especially on special days with loved ones. This recipe is heaven and gives you all the benefits of cacao, coconut, and berries. . . pretty much my favorite combination of all time.
I love chocolate covered anything and wanted to make something we can enjoy on good ol’ V-day.
This one takes chocolate covered strawberries to another level! Enjoy!
Notes on Chocolate Covered Strawberry
You can buy coconut butter or ‘manna’ at the store OR make it yourself simply by blending shredded coconut until creamy. I did this and you can see some of my shredded coconut still because I was impatient and did not blend all the way. Yours will look smooth and creamy if you use strait coconut butter.
I recommend warming the coconut butter jar in some hot water or in a pan with low heat so it becomes easy to scoop and blend.
You can make the chocolate two different ways:
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder (cocoa is fine)
- few drops of stevia (or maple or honey to taste 1-2 teaspoons usually)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Place all ingredients in a small pan and stir on low until sauce forms.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
To make the chocolate use a double boiler method. Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
Place a glass bowl on top of the pot with the water. Add the chocolate chips and almond milk to the glass bowl and gently melt the chocolate.
1. In a food processor or blender, mix the filling ingredients together very well.
2. Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, drop small balls onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips and the milk. OR make the coconut oil chocolate.
5. Either dip the balls into the chocolate or use a spoon and drizzle the chocolate
6. Stick the strawberry balls in the freezer to firm up for 30 to 60 minutes. Enjoy!