How This Nourishes Your Body
Beautifying Berry Chia Seed Breakfast
When I want to switch things a Chia Seed Breakfast is the way to go. So many nutrients, with very little effort to put together. I love making this the night before, and I have a delicious breakfast waiting for me in the morning!
Read about the benefits of chia seeds here.
These seeds do amaze me.
Four tablespoons of chia supply:
1. as much calcium as three cups of milk
2. as much magnesium as 10 stalks of broccoli
3. as much iron as one-half cup of red kidney beans
4. 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
5. 25% more dietary fiber than flaxseed
6. approximately the same amount of omega-3 as a 32-ounce fillet of salmon
Between the chia seeds supplying tons of nutrients, the coconut milk fueling your brain and boosting metabolism, and nuts and fruit to top- you have yourself one nutrient dense breakfast that will satisfy and make your body thrive.
Quick Notes for Chia Seed Breakfast
1. I also love adding some quality protein powder, either vegan or non denatured organic pasture raised whey. The ones I used are vanilla flavor and naturally sweetened so I typically do not use honey, but if you want it a bit sweeter and do not use protein powder, go ahead and add some raw honey to the mix!
2. Sometimes I like blending the berries with the coconut milk to give it a more blended, sweeter, even and delicious taste. Plus, it creates fun colors! You do not have to though, simply adding the berries after will work just fine. In this pudding, I did half in half.
2. Pour the coconut berry mixture into a mason jar or other container and add the chia seeds. May need multiple jars.
4. Place mixture in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
5. Layer chia pudding in another glass with more berries or simply top with fruit and nuts, enjoy!