How This Nourishes Your Body
Beautifying Berry Chia Seed Breakfast
When I want to switch things a Chia Seed Breakfast is the way to go. So many nutrients, with very little effort to put together. I love making this the night before, and I have a delicious breakfast waiting for me in the morning!
Read about the benefits of chia seeds here.
These seeds do amaze me.
Four tablespoons of chia supply:
1. as much calcium as three cups of milk
2. as much magnesium as 10 stalks of broccoli
3. as much iron as one-half cup of red kidney beans
4. 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
5. 25% more dietary fiber than flaxseed
6. approximately the same amount of omega-3 as a 32-ounce fillet of salmon
Between the chia seeds supplying tons of nutrients, the coconut milk fueling your brain and boosting metabolism, and nuts and fruit to top- you have yourself one nutrient dense breakfast that will satisfy and make your body thrive.
Quick Notes for Chia Seed Breakfast
1. I also love adding some quality protein powder, either vegan or non denatured organic pasture raised whey. The ones I used are vanilla flavor and naturally sweetened so I typically do not use honey, but if you want it a bit sweeter and do not use protein powder, go ahead and add some raw honey to the mix!
2. Sometimes I like blending the berries with the coconut milk to give it a more blended, sweeter, even and delicious taste. Plus, it creates fun colors! You do not have to though, simply adding the berries after will work just fine. In this pudding, I did half in half.
1. Blend the coconut milk, protein powder, vanilla, and berries (blueberries or raspberries, whichever you choose) together.
2. Pour the coconut berry mixture into a mason jar or other container and add the chia seeds. May need multiple jars.
3. Slightly stir the chia seeds in the coconut milk until the chia seeds are evenly distributed in the mixture.
4. Place mixture in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
5. Layer chia pudding in another glass with more berries or simply top with fruit and nuts, enjoy!
You can post first response comment.