Cleansing allows you to get rid of what no longer serves you, focus on your goals in life, and completely rejuvenating your body from the inside out. As a result, more energy, clear skin, and a new outlook on life overtakes you.
Cleansing the body is so important for energy, disease prevention, clear mind, balanced hormones, and clear skin. Think of it this way- our cars need regular oil changes to keep running, and so do our bodies.
The intensity of a cleanse completely depends on the person, but everyone can do something to look and feel better.
I love creating cleanses for people depending on their needs, body, goals – but if you are looking to design your own- here is a basic template to experiment with!
I like doing 21 day cleanses because it gives your body a chance to reset, it is also the amount of time that it takes to change your brain and form new pathways for success.
What You want in Your Cleanse
- Super antiflamatry diet with easy to digest foods, smoothies, juices, and bone broths.
- Daily Detoxification techniques
- Liver support
- Antimicrobial/bacterial Support
- GI/Microbiome Support
Try to make things real simple: Avoid toxins, load in the nutrients.
A cleanse will improve your energy and begin to detoxify your body. This works because:
1. You eliminate food toxins and food triggers that inhibit detoxification and cause inflammation
2. You focus on eating nutrient dense foods and supplements that heal, detoxify, and transform your body
3. You add in key supplements to get rid of toxic build up and aid in cell regeneration.
What to Do
Avoid foods that cause inflammation in the body, and are toxic to it followed by filling it with only nourishing, nutrient dense foods. Focus on what you can eat verses what you cannot eat.
- Processed Foods: Fast food, canned food, boxed food.
- Gluten: Breads, crackers, cookies, cakes, tortillas
- Vegetable Oils: Corn, Soy, Canola
- Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners
- Pork and Shell Fish
- Caffeine (green tea ok)
- Toxic personal care and cleaning products
- Leafy Greens
- Non starchy Vegetables
- Starchy vegetables: sweet potatoes, plantains, squash, beets
- Fruits: Berries, green apple, grapefruit, kiwi
- Nuts and Seeds
- Organic/Grass Fed Meat
- Pasture Raised Eggs
- Wild Caught Fish
- Healthy fats: coconut oil, ghee/butter, olive oil, avocado
- Soaked quinoa, millet, or amarnth
- Oil of oregano (antimicrobial)
- Probiotcs (GI Support/Microbiome Support) I love using Body Ecology Products for this: I love coconut their coconut water kefir and liquid probiotics
- Beet kvass or milk thistle (liver support)
- Greens powder – the most effective I have found is from Body Ecology Products (detoxification support )
- A quality therapeutic grade fish oil- this is the most powerful and pure source I have found.
- Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised Collagen: (GI Support/Microbiome Support) This stuff is amazing at healing and strengthening the gut as well as cell renewing for skin, hair, and nails. Simply mix in smoothie, water, or tea.
Food Based Supplements
- Detox teas
- Chia and flax seeds (<-read benefits)
- Fermented foods: (<-read benefits) I also like this probiotic powder.
- Bone broth (<-read benefits)
Mind Work Example
- Write down three things you are grateful for first thing, every morning throughout your cleanse.
Daily Detox Activities
- One detox smoothie a day
- Vegetables at every meal, being the main part of the meal
- 70oz of water
- Deep breathing, meditation, and prayer 15-45 min 2x
- Daily food and non food supplements
- Oil pulling
- Dry brushing
Eat, supplement, think, and detox this way for 1-3 weeks and see your body and your life begin to change!