How This Nourishes Your Body
One pound of barley grass has more nutritional value than twenty-five pounds of organic vegetables.
Wow. Eat your greens- taken to a whole other level. When people ask me what supplements I recommend, I typically suggest to start with fermented cod liver oil, and a good quality green powder. Barley grass has similar healing and detoxifying effects of wheat grass.
Japanese researchers discovered that young barley grass was an incredible source of complete nutrition containing an abundance of:
potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, beta carotene, B1, B2, B6, C, folic acid, and pantothenic acid.
Consuming barley grass completely rejuvenates your cells and prevents disease. Buying barley grass from nutrient dense soil in a powder form, from a reliable source is a quick way to get a heavy dose of nutrients as easy as: scoop, stir in water, feel revived!
I am honestly not a fan of most multivitamins because of their lack of absorbability in the body. For my ‘multivitamin’, I use a quality greens powder to get my vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids and then I use a quality fish oil and emu oil to get my fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, K3. I also like to take extra ocean minerals for the magnesium and extra vitamin d3 and vitamin C for glowing skin!
How To Choose a Fermented Greens Powder
There are many greens powders on the market, but NOT all are beneficial.
What to look for in a greens powder:
- Make sure it is sourced in nutrient-rich, organic soil.
- Make sure it is tested for heavy metals (most contain them!)
- Bonus if the greens are fermented, which unlocks the nutrition and makes the bioavailable for the body.
I am in love with body Ecology’s Super Vitality Greens Powder because it contains:
- Algae: Cracked-Wall chlorella; Red Marine Algae; Dulse powder (Palmaria Palmata)
- Cereal Grass: Barley Grass Juice; Alfalfa Juice
- Intestinal Support Blend: L-glutamine; Chicory Root Inulin (fiber); Flax Seed Fiber; sunflower lecithin (GMO free); Aloe Vera Extract (200:1)
- Fermented Vegetable Blend: Organic Spinach, Organic Parsley, Organic Kale
- Fermented Algae Blend: Spirulina, BioAstin Astaxanthin, Chlorella, Dunaliella Salina, Kelp, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Barley Flakes
- Probiotics: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Delbreukii (caseii, bulgaricus, causasicus, fermenti, plantarum, brevis, helveticus, leichmanni, lactis.) Bifidabacterium Bifidum, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Super Supplement Blend: Rice Bran Extract (Anti-oxidant); Acerola extract; Rhodiola Rosea; Bilberry Extract; Biovin Grapeseed Extract; Beta 1,3 glucan (dual standard)
- Vanilla and Stevia
I notice a huge difference in my digestion, skin, and energy when consuming this.
- Consume every morning mixed in water or smoothie
- Consume for an afternoon energy uplift
Superfood Benefits and Reasons to Eat
2. Promotes a healthy cardiovascular and immune system.
3. Increases energy levels.
5. Delivers two to three times more nutrients per serving than a typical serving of green vegetables.
6. Barley grass may help prevent cancer due to the antioxidants it contains, which destroys the free radicals that damage healthy cells. The antioxidants present protect tissue, detoxify the body, and help to protect against radiation and carcinogens.
One tablespoon of barley grass powder in water, or juice. Bonus for mixing it in a freshly juiced green drink;)
You may also blend in smoothies.