How This Nourishes Your Body
Fresh Herbs + Fresh Fish = Kitchen Smell of Heaven. That is what this almond crusted salmon will bring you!
We eat a lot of salmon in our house- the basic honey glazed is tasty, but I was getting bored. This dish is a delightful combination of savory herbs with a nutty crunch. Love it. Not only is this delicious, the salmon+basil combination makes it pretty darn nourishing. Wild caught salmon is such a brain boosting, hormone balancing food.
Notes for Almond Crusted Salmon
BEWARE: Know exactly where your salmon is coming from. . . stay far away from farmed salmon!
2. Selenium in salmon can help protect the body from free radical damage, and is great for healthy hair, skin, nails and bones.
3. Salmon is one of the best sources of high-quality, easily digested protein. Protein plays an big role in the production of skin-plumping collagen and elastin, which gives skin its flexibility
1. Basil is also antibacterial and antiviral making it an effective remedy for the common cold and flu.
2. Basil contains plenty of vitamins A and C and is a powerful anti-oxidant.
3. Basil is known to calm nerves, is a good source of fiber, and has a detoxifying effect on the liver.
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. Pulse almonds, basil, garlic, coconut oil, lemon juice in mini food processor or blender.
2. Add more coconut oil/lemon juice to get the thickness of the ‘paste’ you are looking for.
3. Spread the mixture on top of the salmon fillets, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 400 degrees until done, about 15 minutes.