How This Nourishes Your Body
This Paleo Sushi is amazing. I am one of those people that can clean out a sushi place, demolishing roll after roll- only realizing at the end that I just consumed a pound of rice and fish. This sushi bowl however, I can demolish- and feel pretty good about it because it is filled with detoxifying vegetables, brain boosting fish, and an immune boosting sauce.
Paleo Sushi Bowl
Best part- instead of white rice, I use cauliflower rice. Once you make cauliflower rice- countless recipe possibilities open up- and your world will be rocked. Mine was.
I use cauliflower rice in place of rice for almost everything because you can change the flavor so easily plus get all of the incredible nutritional benefits of cauliflower.
Side note- not to put a damper on things, but be cautious about the sushi place you are going to- MOST are definitively not as healthy as you may be thinking. Read this blog article”Why Sushi is not a Health Food” and “Sushi Secrets” to see what I mean. . .
“The typical “American” Japanese restaurant is destroying the basic Japanese ancient health tenants, westernizing your meal by adding all sorts of chemicals and additives. If you are eating sushi because you think it is healthy – Please look a little closer at what’s really lurking in your roll…”
So, to avoid farmed fish, artificial dyes, GMO oil, and MSG- make this bowl and feel happy that your body is not being overloaded by toxins;)
To Make Cauliflower Rice:
1. Roughly chop cauliflower, and place in a blender/food processor and pulse until formed into the form of rice grains.
2. Steam or boil the ‘rice’ until just tender, not too soft. It only takes a few minutes, then drain and allow to cool.
For the Sushi Bowl
1. Chop and prepare all vegetables .
2. Make the dressing by simply mixing all ingredients in one bowl.
3. Heat a pan over high heat with two tablespoons coconut oil. Add tuna steak to the hot cooking surface and sear tuna for 1 minute on each side. Remove tuna from heat.
4. Mix the rice, nori sheets, vegetables, and dressing.
5. Top bowl with ahi tuna, avocado, green onions and more dressing.