How This Nourishes Your Body
For me, salads need a little bit of an adjustment when it comes to cooler weather. Kale salad does the trick.
I naturally begin to crave more warming foods and wanted to create a salad that satisfies my fall and winter taste. So we go, this roasted beet and butternut squash kale salad with a creamy coconut dressing is my new go-to fall salad recipe. You get all of the warming and satisfying nutrients from the squash and beets while also flooding your body with the powerful detoxifying and energy giving nutrients in the kale and coconut. It is a win win all around:)
Notes for Kale Salad
For the dressing:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup raw tahini
- 1 or 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil or full fat coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Place in bender or mix by hand until fully blended.
These measurements are for 1-2 servings. I like to double or triple the dressing to put on the entire salad.
2. Preheat the oven to 400. Add the veggies to a mixing bowl and add the butter/or coconut oil and salt, and mix until evenly coated.
3. Lay the vegetables out on a large (or two smaller) baking sheet in a single layer. Roast vegetables for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting.