How This Nourishes Your Body
By now we all know that I have a tad obsession with coconut- all things coconut. Especially Coconut Flour Donuts
Healthy Coconut Flour Donuts
This recipe may or may not show that. But we are talking donuts here- beautiful, tasty, HEALTHY, donuts. This recipe is gluten free, no refined sugar, plus you get all the health benefits of coconuts!;) I picked this recipe up here and I cannot wait to experiment with different variations soon!
I enjoy these babies for breakfast or dessert and unlike traditional donuts, they will give you energy all day long!
Just for the occasion, have a look and see why I have this obsession:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
2. Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl or blender and mix until blended into dough.
3. If you do not have a donut formed baking pan, you can just make donut balls instead. Do this by setting up a muffin tin with muffin liners. Roll small amounts of the dough into little balls and place in the muffin liners. OR scoop batter into donut formed baking pan if you have it.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Toppings:
5. Melt 3 tablespoons butter and set aside. Combine coconut sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
6. Take each donut ball or donut and brush with a little bit of butter . Roll the donut ball in the cinnamon sugar.