4.5/5 stars from 100 users. Reviews: 88.
I love Flat Bread.Gluten free, flour free, grain free, Gluten free, flour free, grain-free, sugar-free, and a wonderful alternative to any flatbread you may be craving! This recipe only has a few simple ingredients, and will fill you up with...
How This Nourishes Your Body
Kale Sunflowerseed Flat Bread
I love Flat Bread.Gluten free, flour free, grain free,
Gluten free, flour free, grain-free, sugar-free, and a wonderful alternative to any flatbread you may be craving! This recipe only has a few simple ingredients, and will fill you up with your leafy greens, nuts, and vegetables!
This recipe was adapted from this purely twins
A couple of notes about this flatbread:
- This mixture can be bread like or cracker like depending on how long you cook it/how thin you spread the mixture.
- I usually use sprouted sunflower seeds. I love the Go-Raw sprouted pumpkin and sprouted sunflower seeds because it saves you from having to soak and sprout the seeds yourself. Why do you want to only eat nuts and seeds that are sprouted?! Because when they are not sprouted, the outer layer contains phytic acid which blocks the body’s ability so absorb minerals and is really hard on your digestive system. Learn how to sprout nuts and seeds here.
- If you like more of a soft chewy texture, cook for a shorter amount of time and spread the dough a bit thicker. If you want more of a cracker, spread it thin and cook it longer, until fully crunchy. Keep checking it towards the end to get the crunchiness you like.
- You could also experiment with cooking at a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time, just keep checking after 15 min to make sure it does not burn.
- Measure out ingredients and combine in blender or food processor.
- Blend Until a smooth dough-like consistency if formed and all chunks are blended. This could take several minutes, and it is good to stop and keep scraping the sides down to make sure it is all blended.
- Spread the mixture out onto a well greased pan or stone with coconut oil or butter. Spread the mixture using a spatula to create an even spread on the pan. You want to get it pretty thin and as even as you can.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes at 300 depending on how thin/thick you made it.
Print This Recipe
Looks great but I can’t see the nutritional info