How This Nourishes Your Body
3 Ingredient Coconut Cookie Balls
Y’all know I am obsessed with coconuts, especially Coconut Cookie. The amazing coconut has helped me balance my hormones, increase my energy, clear my skin, and satisfy my hunger for long amounts of time. So, why not have a dessert/snack that does all of this plus boosts your metabolism? Yes, yes, yes. If you like coconuts, you will like these. They are like healthy, gluten free macaroons that make me feel like it is a special occasion or tea party when I eat them.
The best Coconut Cookie
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and only sweetened with good ol enzyme rich raw honey. As the holidays are approaching, it is always a great idea to have some healthy goodies around when that Thanksgiving mindset starts to creep in. I love how they are crisp on the outside, and chewy on the inside.
They are very easy to make, depending on your blender, they make take more/less time to get the coconut shreds smoothly blended. Buying coconut butter can make the process faster.
1. Preheat the oven to 300F and grease a baking pan.
2. In a food processor or high speed blender(I used my blend tech), process the first 2 cups of shredded coconut until coconut butter forms. You will have to keep scraping down the sides of the bowl. It can still be a little flaky if you are short on time. You could also use 1 cup of store bought coconut butter instead.
3. Once you have made the coconut butter, throw the rest of the ingredients in and pulse till blended. Do not overblend, just enough so the ingredients are mixed together. Can also do this by hand.
4.Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of dough onto a baking sheet and form into a ball.
5. Bake for 22-27 minutes at 300F. The bottom and top of the cookies will turn golden in colour.
6. Allow the macaroons to sit for 25 minutes so they can firm up. If you move them too soon, they could crumble.