One of the biggest discoveries I have found is the power of Probiotics for Healthy Skin and Hormones.
All health begins in the gut
Microbiome: the microorganisms in a particular environment (including the body or a part of the body). Your gut has a micromiome and your skin has a microbiome.
The next 20 years of heath will be about the microbiome and the bacteria that live within us. Health practitioners are all about this topic these days because studies have shown how crucial your microflora is to your genetic expression, immune system, body weight and composition, mental health, memory, and minimizing your risk for numerous diseases, from diabetes to cancer.
The human gut contains 10 times more bacteria than all the human cells in the entire body.
We need to make sure we have an abundance of healthy bacteria because they control everything:
- These bacteria detoxify your body
- They protect you from bad bacteria and viruses
- They absorb the nutrients that you are eating and create vitamins
- They are your body’s defense and energy system.
- The healthier your gut, the healthier your body, skin, mood, and life.
Focusing on your digestion and the bacteria in your gut is the area that will take your health to the next level.
Without a healthy microbiome, you can’t have a healthy immune system. Without a healthy immune system, you’re open to infections, inflammation, hormone imbalances and autoimmune disease.
Probiotics for Healthy Skin and Hormones
One of the biggest factors that got rid of my acne and balanced my hormones was living a probiotic lifestyle. Having an abundance of good bacteria allowed the bad bacteria in my body to get under control, as well as they detoxed the excess hormones that were causing me problems.
The problem is, most people think that eating yogurt or taking 1 probitic pill each day is enough to maintain a healthy microbiome. The truth is, it takes living a probiotic lifestyle to be truly healthy and protected.
My Probiotic Lifestyle
Key points to remember: It takes a DIVERSITY and constant change to establish a healthy microbiome. There are different strains of bacteria that do different things for the body. Pills are fine, but will not give you the power that fermented foods and liquids will.
- First thing in the morning: I switch off between a shot of coconut water kefir, or a probiotic pill ( I rotate brands each time)
- For Breakfast: My protein powder and greens powder contain different strains of probiotics in them.
- At Lunch or Dinner: I will eat my homemade fermented foods (saucraut, kimchi, beet kvass etc.) (I use this starter culture)
- Snack: Some days I will drink my homemade goats milk kefir (I use this starter culture)
- At night or an afternoon pick me up: At night, I usually like to enjoy 2 ounces of Body Ecology’s probiotic liquids that contain unique strains of bacteria that really help with digestion and detoxification.
That is how I am currently maintaining a probiotic lifestyle which has made the biggest impact on my skin, hormones, and digestion!
I also avoid things that harm the good bacteria like sugar, toxic personal care products, toxic oils, medications, and antibiotics.
Live Dirty, Eat Clean
In our world today. . .we are completely destroying our microbiome- we over use antibiotics, medications, and sanitizers, c- sections are becoming the normal operation, and we are paying for it.
Establishing a strong microbiome when we are young is what sets us up for health for life. We get our first exposure when we are coming out of the vaginal canal, our environment builds our protection.
If you are not exposed to all types of bacteria- you will not build a strong system. This is why kids that grow up with animals have a stronger immune system then kids without.
The more healthy bacteria you consume, and the more you do to take care of that bacteria, the healthier you will be. Even though our intentions were in the right place sterilizing everything, and giving out antibiotics like candy – it has made our immune system weaker than any other time in history.
Things like antibiotics, medications, and toxic food kills the healthy bacteria that protect you from the bad bacteria.
When people are put on antibiotics, their microbiome gets completely destroyed, leaving them extremely vulnerable and open for infection in the future, and reoccurring illness.
If you have been on antibiotics, eat processed and fast food, or take the birth control pill, your microbiome needs extra care.
Body Ecology Probiotic Liquids and Powders
Body Ecology is one of the leaders in probiotics. They create powerful products the heal the digestive tract, increase energy, prevent disease, clear skin, and prevent and treat asthma, eczema, and autism.
Check out their website for more information.
I drink the probiotic liquids and fermented greens powder each day and have noticed a huge difference in my skin, digestion, and energy.
This is my go-to probiotic pill with solid research and clinical trials to prove its effectiveness.
Prescript Assist contains soil-based organisms that can repopulate the gut with native strains of bacteria. These native strains boast more staying power than transient strains, which are found in the majority of probiotics. A combination of native strains and transient strains restore diversity to the gut.
You can get the prescript assist probiotic here.
This company goes above and beyond in their research and formulations.
Most people are not aware that additives in some probiotics can actually prevent the very health they are designed to support.
Custom Probiotic Formulas
Designed to provide essential elements for digestive health, without certain bacteria strains and additives that can irritate some people.
Based on Years of Feedback
Their unique custom probiotic formula is based on extensive research gathered from communities with a vested interest in improving gut health, such as:
- GAPS Diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)
- Body Ecology Diet
- Gluten Free / Casein Free / Soy Free (GFCFSF)
- Autism / PDD-NOS
- PANDAS, PANS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections)
Everything you want in a probiotic
- As many friendly probiotic bacteria strains as possible
- Therapeutic potency
- Guaranteed potency (strains are freeze dried and kept refrigerated)
- Unlike other probotics, GutPro™ is free of unwanted additives
- No allergens (e.g. dairy, corn, soy, gluten. GutPro™ probiotic is produced on a non-dairy, non-soy vegetarian culture)
- No fillers or excipients (e.g. inulin, cellulose, maltodextrin, FOS)
- No strains that are reported to cause reactions (e.g. streptococcus thermophilus, etc)
- No strains that contribute to d-lactic acidosis (e.g. l-acidophilus, etc)
- No unnecessary ingredients (e.g. magnesium stearate, silica, titanium dioxide)
- Clinically documented effectiveness
- All probiotics used in our formulations have been thoroughly researched and documented
- Human-compatible species of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium
- Colonizing and transient species with documented benefit
- Avoidance of spore-forming species
Bio-Kult is one of the chosen probiotics for the GAPS diet (a diet that restores the digestion tract helping things like autism, eczema, food allergies, depression, etc.) It is a multi-strain probiotic containing 14 strains of probiotics for everyday use. The beneficial bacteria in Bio-Kult are cry protected during the freeze drying process which means they are protected from the harsh acid environment of the stomach and are therefore able to colonies the full length of the gastrointestinal tract. Also the process allows Bio-Kult to be stored at room temperature without needing to be refrigerated.
Here you can find the bio-kult probiotic
Like Corganic, Klaire labs is another company that I recommend for people with food allergies and small children. Healthcare professionals rely on Klaire Labs for hypoallergenic, dairy- and gluten-free probiotics. Their comprehensive selection ranging from 3+ billion to 100+ billion CFUs per serving provides practitioners the flexibility to select the right probiotic for individual needs.
Here you can find the klair labs probiotic
Inner-Eco Coconut Water Kefir
This is another probiotic liquid that I love to consume daily. Coconut water is full of incredible minerals and electrolytes that deeply nourish every cell in the body. Fermented the coconut water takes away the sugar as well as makes the nutrients bioavailable to the body. You can find the coco kefir here OR You can find this at any health food store in the refrigerated section!
Pills and liquids are great but fermented foods will take your health to the next level, learn more about fermented foods here. Make sure to have at least a tablespoon each day!
You can make your own or purchase at health food stores in the refrigerator section or find the
- Eat fermented foods daily
- Drink fermented beverages daily
- Take 1 probiotic pill daily and rotate the brand each time you run out