The benefits of castor oil packs are incredible. Almost every culture around the world has used castor oil for its rejuvenating health and beauty effects. The oil and the packs have been around forever and will forever be a part of natural medicine.
I have personally experienced the healing effects of castor oil. After pregnancies and miscarriage, I was spotting all of the time and having heavy cycles.
When I started doing Maya Abdominal Massage and Castor Oil Packs regularly, I was able to stop the spotting, PMS, and heavy cycles! These two modalities should be recommended to anyone struggling with PMS, menstruation issues, infertility, cramps, or skin issues.
Different Uses of Castor Oil
Castor oil’s healing properties are unmatched by any other oil. It’s the only oil that penetrates your dermis, allowing it to enter your circulation and lymphatic system bringing nourishment and stimulating blood flow. It has so many uses that are highly effective and affordable.
- Apply castor oil to hair and eyelashes and eyebrows to promote radical growth
- Acne treatment
- A popular treatment for dry eyes
- Skin conditions such as fungal infections, rashes, acne, warts, calluses, eczema, allergies, and other inflammatory skin problems
- Apply castor oil to heal scars or stretch marks
Benefits of Castor Oil Packs
Castor oil packs have the ability to promote the circulation of blood around an organ, around an area of the body, and increase the flow of fluids through the lymphatic system. Castor oil effectively supports the body’s natural detoxification abilities. This is a large reason why castor oil packs help so much with hormonal issues.
Major organs for hormonal balance are the uterus, adrenals, and liver. Castor oil packs stimulate, calm, renew, detoxify, and reduce any inflammation in all of those organs.
When the liver and uterus are detoxified and full of oxygen and circulation, then hormones can flow as they are supposed to flow.
I believe every woman would benefit from doing monthly castor oil packs.
How to Apply A Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil packs are so easy (and relaxing!) to do.
- First, find a comfortable space to lay down.
- Get an organic wool cloth and saturate it will oil. It should not be dripping, but fully saturated.
- Place the cloth over the area you want to work on (uterus, liver, stomach).
- Place a trash bag or some plastic over the cloth
- Place a hot water bottle over the plastic
- Place a towel over the hot water bottle
- Rest and breathe for 30-60 minutes
- Do not do a castor oil pack if you are bleeding or pregnant.
- Castor oil stains! Be sure to lay on an old towel or sheet and wear old clothes
- Preform a pack at least 3x a week. Can also be done every day.
- Best to be done consistantly for 4 to 6 weeks for full results.