Acne is so unpredictable. Sometimes it will sneak up on you out of nowhere, while some experience it at the same time every month. While I highly believe that nutrition, probiotics, and detoxification are essential to treat that stubborn acne, there are many tricks you can use when a pesky pimple ends up breaking through with Natural Acne Spot Treatments .
These treatments work, AND your body gladly accepts them unlike most chemical filled products that the body has to work so hard at filtering the toxins, plus they often damage your skin and set it up for worse problems in the future. Even if the skin temporary clears up with chemical products, it will be just that: TEMPORARY, like most pills and creams. Read a list of top toxic ingredients to look for in your personal care products here.
We want to treat the root cause of the acne, not just the symptoms.
So, next time an welcomed visitor(s) appears, treat it with these tricks and fear no more.
Natural Acne Spot Treatments
1. Tea Tree Oil: The perfect spot treatment. Tea tree oil kills the bacteria on your face that causes acne and reduces redness and inflammation. This is the only therapeutic grade tea tree oil that I recommend.
How to use: You can find tea tree oil at any health food stores. Simply dab a few drops on any blemish. Make sure you get 100% undiluted tea tree oil. Start with a small amount because it can be very drying to your skin.
2. Garlic: Garlic can be the cure to almost anything. It kills viruses and bad bacteria in the body and strengthens your immune system like crazy. It also can be a wonderful treatment for acne, both internally and topically.
How to Use: To use it on the skin: Peel a fresh garlic clove, Rub it on the breakout for about a minute. Wait at least a few hours before washing face. Do this morning and night until the break out is gone.
Also incorporate garlic in as many meals as you can. Eating garlic will detoxify your body and promote glowing skin from the inside out.
3. Raw Honey: Honey is antibacterial and antimicrobial. It will gently treat the bacteria that causes break outs. Honey imparts all kinds of beneficial enzymes that nourish and protect the skin. Honey is very healing and helps repair acneic sores and scars.
How to Use: Rub it all over your face! At least that is what I do 😉 As a mask or a spot treatment, give some raw honey a try.
4. Bentonite Clay & French Green Clay: These are a life savers. They literally pulls impurities out of your skin. Their toning action stimulates the skin by bringing fresh blood to damaged skin cells, revitalizing the complexion, and tightening pores. French Green Clay is marvelous for helping to clear problem skin.
How to Use: You can find them at most health food stores and it comes in a green powder that you simply mix with water. Use it daily on trouble spots, or weekly as part of a complete facial treatment.
Side Note: Bentonite Clay has been traditionally used to assist in mineral deficiencies, and to help bind toxins making them more soluble. So certain types of mineral clay are excellent to drink to pull toxins and bacteria out of your body, which will prevent glowing skin.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: Your skin is naturally acidic. When we use harsh cleansers and soaps, that natural acidity is disrupted. This destroys the acid mantle of our skin that protects it from germs, bacteria, and pollution. Apple cider vinegar returns the acidity to our skin which is why is so great for curing acne. ACV also kills bacteria, removes excess dirt, and dissolves dead skin cells.
How to Use: Make a mixture of one part ACV to two parts water in a bottle. Pour a little onto a cotton pad and apply it to your skin after cleansing.