Lifestyle to Heal Fast
- Eat easy to digest foods: When your body is fighting any issue, it needs as much energy as it can to fight the problem. Digestion takes so much of our energy, we need to give it as much of a break as we can to heal fast. Focus on eating bone broth, vegetable soup, tea, and smoothies. Fasting is the number one one to heal in the shortest amount of time!
- Get into a Parasympathetic State: Rest as much as you can: Sleep is one of the most powerful healing agents we have and will cause the most healing to occur in a short period of time. Our body needs to put all of its energy into healing and fighting the illness. Getting a good amount of sleep, will allow the body to rebuild, detoxify, defend, and repair itself. Your body has to be in a resting, parasympathetic state for your immune system to be turned on. Your immune system is SHUT OFF when you are worried, stressed, angry, etc.
- Avoid Sugar and Grains: These feed the bacteria and viruses in the body and increase the inflammation. It is important to avoid sugar at all cost in order to heal fast. The more sugar and refined carbs we give the body, the longer the illness will feed off of them and get worse.
- Drink healing fluids: Drinking liquid not only helps flush toxins out of the body, it will also help nourish and rebuild each cell. Our body needs water to fight illness and rebuild health. Without enough water, our bodies will have a hard time recovering. Focus on filtered water with lemon or apple cider vinegar, bone broths, and herbal teas.
- Get in the sun: Vitamin D Is vital for regulating the immune system, protecting against viruses, and reducing fatigue. Vitamin D helps prevent infections and supports the immune system. The best source of Vitamin D is from the sun. Just 20 minutes a day will strengthen your immune system and allow you to recover fast. If it is winter, make sure you take a good vitamin D3 supplement.
- Focus on an anti-inflammatory diet: make the majority of your diet full of healthy fats and lightly cooked veggies.
Food As Medicine: Natural Remedies for Flu
There are many Natural Remedies for Flu
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 tablespoons in water every couple of hours to fight bacteria and detoxify. You can also gargle with this mixture.
- Garlic: Chop it up in small pieces and put on spoon with 1 teaspoon of honey. Chase with water. At least 2-3 times a day.
- Fermented foods: fermented foods contain powerful probiotics that detoxify and destroy bacteria and virues.
- Herbal Teas: Hot water and herbal teas can be very soothing while you are sick. Use lemon (with the added bonus of some extra vitamin C), fresh ginger (a natural anti-inflammatory herb), or other herbs with anti-inflammatory effects such as licorice root, turmeric, and Echinacea*
- Coconut oil: A few extra tablespoons of coconut oil can help shorten the duration of an illness. The lauric acid in coconut oil is anti fungal, antiviral, and antibacterial. It is known to kill bacteria and nourish the cells from the inside out.
- Bone Broth: Bone broth contains essential amino acids that will heal the gut and help soothe any digestive distress.
Natural Remedies for Flu
- Oscilloccinum: TAKE THIS AND YOUR FLU WILL BE GONE. People swear by this stuff, and it really works! By now you’ve probably seen Oscilloccinum lining the shelves at your local health food stores. This is THE homeopathic flu remedy, and a MUST at the very beginning of a flu or flu-like illness. Studies have shown that taking Oscillococcinum at the onset of flu significantly reduces symptoms and shortens the duration of illness.
The recommended dosage is 1 vial 3 times over a 24 hour period, preferably at the onset of flu symptoms or any illness. The dosage is the same for children and adults. Just down that whole vial of tasty sprinkles and suck on them until they dissolve, ideally at least 10 minutes away from food or drink.
- Probiotics: 60-80% of your immune system is in your gut so any imbalances there can contribute to immune-related illness. Give your gut bacteria a boost with some probiotic foods like raw sauerkraut or kombucha. You can also try a probiotic supplement.
- Essential Oils: Essential oils are incredible for fighting bacteria, virus, and infections that cause stomach issues. They are full of antioxidants and plant compounds that directly cleanse, heal, and detoxify.
- Thieves or Onguard essential oil: Rub on neck, dilute one-two drops in 4 fl. oz. of liquid and drink, gargle with 2 drops mixed in water.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an incredibly healing, detoxifying, and immune building nutrient. It is a proven and essential nutrient needed for the immune system to function and produce glutathione, the bodies master antioxidant. White blood cells also need high amounts of Vitamin C to function and fight infection.
- Vitamin C also supports the production of interferons. Interferons are produced when the presence of pathogens is detected. They facilitate the ability of cells to launch protective cellular defensesProbiotics
- Colloidal silver: Also a powerful natural antibiotic that is incredible at destroying harmful viruses and bacteria that are present in the body. This substance penetrates on a cellular level and destroys pathogens of all types, including bacteria, fungal spores, parasites, and viruses.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1 tablespoon (or more) in water every hour.
- Activated charcoal: This is well known as a poison and virus treatment as it absorbs toxins and chemicals before they can harm the body. Activated charcoal adsorbs the bacteria responsible for stomach problems, helping you both prevent and treat it. You can buy this in pill or powdered form at any health food store or online.