I am a huge drink person. I always love having a yummy drink on hand while working, moming, driving, and relaxing. Good thing there are SO MANY healthy elixirs around so I can get a variety of healing properties, and never get bored.
A few of my favorite drinks include:
- tea: my favorite yerba mate when I want caffeine – or my absolute favorite longevity tea for any other time of the day or at night
- dandy blend herbal coffee (great to make bulletproof coffee with)
- green juice
- turmeric coconut milk latte
- medicinal mushroom tea
- bone broth protein powder in coconut milk
Now on to more medicinal drinks that are incredible for your health.
Incorporating healing drinks like this every day can give your beauty and body a serious boost!
Natural Energy Drinks to Have Everyday
Kefir is a cultured, enzyme-rich food filled with friendly micro-organisms that help balance your “inner ecosystem.” Kefir is easily digested, it cleanses the intestines, provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins. More nutritious and therapeutic than yogurt, it supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable B vitamins.
Its unique name comes from the Turkish word “keif,” which means “good feeling.”
Kefir is the ultimate probiotic. It contains countless therapeutic strains of bacteria in a unique bioavailable synergy that no probiotic pill can touch.
Benefits of Kefir
The compounds, minerals, and probiotics in kefir:
- Detoxify the body
- Increases the immune system
- Decreases Inflammation
- Clears skin (acne, eczema, redness)
- Alleviates allergies: asthma, lactose intolerance, seasonal
- Promotes healthy and regular digestion
- Promotes fertility
- Increases Energy
- Provides powerful therapeutic probiotics that fight disease.
- Aid in weight loss
- Reduce sugar cravings
- A MUST for pregnant and nursing women because of the probiotics, amino acids, and minerals it contains that get passed down to the baby, forming its immune system.
A true beauty and longevity food.
How to Make Kefir
Like everything, source matters. Most store bought kefir is made with pasteurized low-quality milk, added sugar, and preservatives- which will do the opposite of what you want for your body.
The reason kefir is amazing for the body is because of the specific probiotics it contains. Most kefir on the market contain poor quality and weak probiotics.
For this reason, if you want to experience the powerful benefits of kefir, it is best to make it yourself so you can use high-quality milk and high-quality cultures.
Making my own raw goat milk kefir using this starter culture has blown me away with what it has done to my digestion and skin. I always feel great after drinking this miracle ancient elixir!
I don’t do well on pasteurized dairy, but I thrive off raw goat dairy. Experiment to find what milk feels the best to your body! If you cannot find quality dairy, then try coconut milk!
This starter culture comes in powdered form and is easy to transfer from batch to batch.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is liquid gold that seriously has a powerful impact on the body, in such an amazing way with its high content of enzymes, acidic acids, and minerals. This Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine used it for its amazing natural detox, cleansing, healing, and energizing qualities. Hippocrates prescribed ACV mixed with honey for its health properties to treat a number of different illnesses and disease. Columbus had apple cider vinegar barrels on his sailing vessels to prevent scurvy. Japanese Samurai warriors drank this vinegar for strength and power, and it was used during the America civil war to disinfect and heal wounds
This Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine used it for its amazing natural detox, cleansing, healing, and energizing qualities. Hippocrates prescribed ACV mixed with honey for its health properties to treat a number of different illnesses and disease. Columbus had apple cider vinegar barrels on his sailing vessels to prevent scurvy. Japanese Samurai warriors drank this vinegar for strength and power, and it was used during the America civil war to disinfect and heal wounds
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Clear Skin: Both internally and externally, I have seen apple cider vinegar transform people’s skin, including my own! ACV is extremely detoxifying and aids in the elimination of toxins throughout the entire body. It can be used as a topical astringent for acne prone skin, or taken orally every day to clear the skin. For a detoxifying bath, add a cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of Epsom salts to draw toxins out through the skin and cleanse the body. The best remedy I recommend is to mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into an 8oz glass of water. Drink first thing in the morning for 30 days straight and watch your skin transform!
- Energy Boost: Instead of reaching for those super-toxic-chemical-filled energy drinks, take a shot of good ol’ ACV and get that energy you are dying to have. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Research shows that higher acid levels leads to a lack of energy and higher incidences of infection. Read more about alkalizing foods here.
- Natural Remedy for Cold and Flu: Or any sickness for that matter. Any sign of digestive troubles, indigestion, food poisoning, allergies, or flu-like symptoms, take 1 tablespoon of ACV per 8 ounces of water every hour to shorten the duration of any type of illness. AVC is extremely detoxifying.
- Helps with Digestion: Aiding digestion is possibly one of Apple cider vinegar’s biggest uses. When taken before a meal, the live enzymes help digest food properly. It is also a life saver for common indigestion and gastrointestinal discomfort caused by certain foods and it is said to clear up chronic acid reflux. I often drink ACV before a large meal OR incorporate it into my food as much as possible to increase the nutritional value of whatever I am eating.
- Salad dressings and sauces
- Marinating meat/veggies
- Drink in warm water every morning
I like this brand of apple cider vinegar
Greens like spirulina, chlorella, barley grass, and wheat grass contain life-changing nutritional benefits for the entire body. They maintain whole-body health with a natural spectrum of vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
I am honestly not a fan of most multivitamins because of their lack of absorbability in the body. For my ‘multivitamin’, I use a quality greens powder to get my vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids and then I use a quality fish oil and emu oil to get my fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, K3. I also like to take extra ocean minerals for the magnesium and extra vitamin d3 and vitamin C for glowing skin!
Benefits of Greens Powder
- Strengthens immunity so you feel more energetic and vibrant*
- Offers an excellent source of complete nutrition – easily assimilated protein, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, lignans, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids, and beneficial microflora*
- Rich in antioxidants
- Detoxifies the body to help maintain a healthy weight
- Alkalizes the body for disease prevention and vitality.
- Rejuvenate your cells
There are many greens powders on the market, but NOT all are beneficial.
What to look for in a greens powder:
- Make sure it is sourced in nutrient-rich, organic soil.
- Make sure it is tested for heavy metals (most contain them!)
- Bonus if the greens are fermented, which unlocks the nutrition and makes the bioavailable for the body.
I love this Vitality Greens Powder because it contains:
- Algae: Cracked-Wall chlorella; Red Marine Algae; Dulse powder (Palmaria Palmata)
- Cereal Grass: Barley Grass Juice; Alfalfa Juice
- Intestinal Support Blend: L-glutamine; Chicory Root Inulin (fiber); Flax Seed Fiber; sunflower lecithin (GMO free); Aloe Vera Extract (200:1)
- Fermented Vegetable Blend: Organic Spinach, Organic Parsley, Organic Kale
- Fermented Algae Blend: Spirulina, BioAstin Astaxanthin, Chlorella, Dunaliella Salina, Kelp, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Barley Flakes
- Probiotics: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Delbreukii (caseii, bulgaricus, causasicus, fermenti, plantarum, brevis, helveticus, leichmanni, lactis.) Bifidabacterium Bifidum, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Super Supplement Blend: Rice Bran Extract (Anti-oxidant); Acerola extract; Rhodiola Rosea; Bilberry Extract; Biovin Grapeseed Extract; Beta 1,3 glucan (dual standard)
- Vanilla and Stevia
I also really love Athletic Greens and use it as a multivitamin because it contains:
- Vitamins And Minerals For Nervous System And Immune System Support
- Digestive Enzymes For Optimum Absorption
- Liver Formula To Detoxify And Blast Fat
- Probiotics And Prebiotics For Gut Health
- Adaptogen and Hormone Support
This one is expensive because it is meant to replace almost all of your other supplements as it contains vitamins, minerals, veggies, herbs, and 75 other substances that you may be taking. Taking this and a good fish oil would be a great supplement routine that is also very minimal.
I notice a huge difference in my digestion, skin, and energy when consuming these.
- Consume every morning mixed in water or smoothie
- Consume for an afternoon energy uplift
You can find:
Bone Broth. Bone broth is miraculous to drink every day;) More on that here.
Just watch out for the goitrogenic greens like barley, kale, spinach,etc. as they aren’t good for the thyroid when they are raw. It’s the same with strawberries, peaches, pears and nectarines.