I was stuck. I needed insight, revelation, creative ideas, and answers to questions and problems I was dealing with. I needed to find a way to make life work better and differently, with less stress.
Our brains are incredible, and we have not even scratched the surface of what they are capable of doing. The more I learn how to use it better, the more my life changes!
Super brain yoga is one technique you can use to make your brain work in a way that dramatically changes the way you perceive life.
You have a Right Hemisphere, Left Hemisphere and the Corpus Callosum which connects the two in your brain.
- The right hemisphere is credited for our creative abilities. It uses intuition and emotions.
- The left hemisphere is credited for our logical abilities. It uses reasoning, thinks in words, and deals in parts and specifics.
- Corpus callosum: a broad band of nerve fibers joining the two hemispheres of the brain.
People tend to think they are naturally more left or right brained thinkers, but the reality is, we all use BOTH sides every single day.
The tricky part is, when looking at a situation- people will either use ONLY their right side or ONLY their left side to solve or engage with it —-> which leads to anxiety, feeling lost, and not know what to do.
This goal is getting your brain to use BOTH SIDES AT ONCE!
Imagine that- if you were able to look at a situation and see it from a logical AND creative side instead of just one!
This is not our naturally tendency so we must do certain things that TRAIN our brain to use both sides at once. . .
Whole Brain Synchronization
When using both sides to look at life you are:
- More self-aware
- More relaxed
- You more easily see the whole picture
- More creative
- Can learn easily
- You easily see solutions to everyday problems…
- You feel more connected to everything…
- You’re less emotionally reactive…
- You make better decisions…
- You’re happier!
Whole-brain functioning gives you a meta-awareness, a new perspective— a view from a higher spot on the mountain.
Whole-brain functioning is associated with creativity…insight…learning ability…problem solving…memory…better health…and what some call vision!
This type of brain function has been associated with geniuses—the Einsteins and Mozarts of the world.
Or, in more modern times, people like Steve Jobs…Walt Disney…Stephen Hawking, and other creative, high-performance individuals like them.
Your corpus callosum is what connects the left and right side of your brain. You can grow your corpus callosum so that you have more connections between the right and left side which gives you the ability to have this new way of thinking.
From ages 0-7, your right and left brain are equally dominate. This is why kids can learn so well, after that, only one side is dominate during the day- and it switches between the two. The left is more emotional and the right is intellectual. One is always overriding the other depending on the situation.
You can do exercises that connect the two sides which will change the way you think and see life.
Researchers have found that the more connections we have between the right and left hempisghes of the brain, the more calm, loving, and creative we are.
Super Brain Yoga
Super brain yoga is a simple exercise that helps form more connections between the right and left side of the brain.
Do This Exercise:
- before test
- before a talk or performance
- when you are anxious or nervous
- when you need creative ideas
- when you need motivation
- when you wake up first thing in the morning
- before work
- before meetings
Basically anytime you want to feel or think better.
How to Do Super Brain Yoga
It’s super simple.
- Take your left hand and put your thumb on the outer earlobe of the right ear and your index finger behind earlobe.
- Take the right and put your thumb on the outer earlobe of the left ear and your index finger behind earlobe.
- Do an easy squat (eyes closed of possible)
- Inhale on the way down, exhale out of your mouth on the way up.
- Do this for 1-3 minutes. Work yourself up to five minutes a day if you want to be a pro!