All health begins in the gut
Microbiome: the microorganisms in a particular environment (including the body or a part of the body). Your gut has a micromiome and your skin has a microbiome.
The next 20 years of heath will be about the microbiome and the bacteria that live within us. Health practitioners are all about this topic these days because studies have shown how crucial your microflora is to your genetic expression, immune system, body weight and composition, mental health, memory, and minimizing your risk for numerous diseases, from diabetes to cancer.
The human gut contains 10 times more bacteria than all the human cells in the entire body.
We need to make sure we have an abundance of healthy bacteria because they control everything:
- These bacteria detoxify your body
- They protect you from bad bacteria and viruses
- They absorb the nutrients that you are eating and create vitamins
- They are your body’s defense and energy system.
- The healthier your gut, the healthier your body, skin, mood, and life.
Focusing on your digestion and the bacteria in your gut is the area that will take your health to the next level.
Without a healthy microbiome, you can’t have a healthy immune system. Without a healthy immune system, you’re open to infections, inflammation, hormone imbalances and autoimmune disease.