A hormone balancing diet:
- Is full of key MICRO and MACRO nutrients that are essential for hormonal function
- Balances blood sugar to avoid insulin, cortisol, and progesterone imbalance
- Avoids key toxins that disrupt hormones
- Supports important hormonal organs such as thyroid, adrenals, liver, and intestinal lining
We want to alkalize & de-inflame the body to allow it to function at its potential. What you are eating is either causing inflammation or healing the body.
1 . Choose Clean Food Quality
- Avoid boxed food, fast food, artificial sweeteners, flavorings, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, hormones, & anti-biotics.
- Choose organic, whole foods.
2. Use Fats That Heal and Avoid Fats That Kill
- Eliminate toxic, inflammatory fat sources- margarine, canola oil, soybean oil, trans fat, vegetable oils
- Eat plenty of healthy fat to radically improve reproductive function, fat burning, brain function, & energy. FAT = the building blocks to hormones! Eat enough healthy fat!
3. Eat Clean, Quality Meat Only
- Grain-fed animals become highly inflamed, sick, & diseased which then do the same to you.
- Grass-fed, free range animals pass along a healthy protein/fat sources, loaded with brain-boosting omega 3’s and metabolism boosting Conjugated Linoleic Acid among other things to improve the quality of your life.
4. Live by the 80/20 rule:
- Include tons of alkaline foods such as vegetables, avocados, greens powders, fermented foods, sea salts, apple cider vinegar, lemon, etc. in your meals.
- Meals should be 75-80% alkaline veggies & oils & 25% acidic (meats, grains).
- Aim to eat this way at least 80% of the time- you do not want to stress out about food- that is just as bad as eating toxic food. Do the best you can, when you can.
5. Consume Fermented Foods & Beverages Every Day:
Fermented foods are rich in probiotics, enzymes and organic acids. These foods detoxify the body, protect you from disease, provide you with energy, and enhance digestion.
- Fermented raw dairy products such as kefir.
- Fermented vegetables: sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.
- Fermented beverages: coconut kefir, kombucha, beet kvass and apple cider vinegar
With decreased insulin levels and an abundant source of healthy fat, your body naturally switches over from a sugar burner/sugar craver to a highly productive fat burner.