Meals for the Day
Lunch: Sauteed veggies with eggs
Dinner: Quinoa salmon salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Our bodies have the incredible ability to heal and thrive, if given the nutrients it needs to do so. These meals are designed to provide your body with the nutrients, probiotics, and enzymes it needs to stay in health. Our body can only use the building blocks we give it to create hormones, neurotransmitters, and every organ and cell in your body.
Cut and blend:
- 2 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 large tablespoon chia or flax seed
- 1/2-1 cucumber
- 1/2-1 banana
- 3/4 cups frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1 tablespoon greens powder
- 1-2 cups coconut or almond milk or water- add until desired consistency
- Large pinch of cinnamon to stabilize blood sugar for the day
- Bonus- add cilantro, celery, or peeled lemon.
Fact: This smoothie is bathing your cells in vitamins and minerals that are detoxifying, and supporting cell regeneration.
Choose a handful of greens, any veggies you like, and sauteed them in butter or coconut oil, add eggs and any seasonings. Serve with a side of avocado.
Homemade dressing OR these are the premade dressings I use made with healing ingredients and avocado oil.
Dressing (if making:)
- 3 ounces raspberries (about 15 berries)
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard or mustard powder
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- Two salmon fillets
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- One cup cooked quinoa.
- 1 avocado
- Cook quinoa.
- To make the dressing, blend the raspberries, balsamic vinegar, and mustard in a blender. Transfer to a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and thyme. Set aside.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Heat the butter or coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat, add the salmon fillets, and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Or cook in oven at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl toss the greens, cucumber, and nuts and cooked quinoa.
- Add salmon to salad and top with dressing and avocado.