Breakfast : Shake
Lunch: Leftover dinner or salad recipe (in meal plans)
Dinner: Pesto spaghetti squash with cod and roasted balsamic brussel sprouts
All health begins in the gut. When you improve digestion, you improve every cell in the body. You need healthy bacteria to detoxify your body, protect you from bad bacteria and viruses, and absorb the nutrients that you are eating. They are your body’s defense and energy system. The healthier your gut, the healthier your body, skin, mood, and life.
Cut and Blend:
- 2 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 large tabespoon chia or flax seed
- 1/2-1 cucumber
- 1/2-1 banana
- 3/4 cups frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1 tablespoon greens powder
- 1-2 cups coconut or almond milk or water- add until desired consistency
- Large pinch of cinnamon to stabilize blood sugar for the day
- Bonus- add cilantro, celery, or peeled lemon.
Fact: This smoothie is one power house for strengthening your immune system. Bursting with vitamin C, electrolytes, and minerals that fight viruses, bacteria, and any other invader that may try to seek in. Eating 1/2 avocado a day is one of the best ways to balance the body, the menstrual cycle, and the brain.
- Left over dinner
- Salad with protein, fat, and veggies.
- Eggs and veggies
Pesto spaghetti squash with cod and roasted balsamic brussel sprouts
- A piece of cod per person
- Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cups Basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil for pesto
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Butter or olive oil for veggies
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prep Brussel sprouts and squash and fish.
- Slice squash in half, scoop out seeds. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Slice the brussels sprouts in half, and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and melted butter or oil over the halves, and toss well to coat. Arrange the brussels sprouts into a single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover fish in 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
- Throw everything into the oven!
- Bake fish for 8-12 minutes.
- Place squash with cut side up on a baking dish and roast until tender- about 40-50 minutes.
- Roast the brussels sprouts for 25-30 minutes. The sprouts are ready when they are lightly browned
- While everything is baking, make Make pesto by blending the basil, garlic, nuts until it turns into a coarse meal then slowly add extra virgin olive oil in a steady drizzle as you pulse the processor on and off. Process until it becomes a smooth, light paste. Add enough olive oil to keep it moist and spreadable. Season with sea salt, to taste.
- Let squash cool for a while then scrap and add pesto and fish. Serve with brussle sprouts.