Meals for the Day
- Breakfast :Smoothie
- Lunch:Leftover dinner or salad recipe (in meal plans)
- Dinner: Veggie Frittata with sweet potato hash
The amount of sleep you get directly impacts your metabolism, will power, and cravings. Focusing on getting into a deep restorative sleep each night will impact your relationship with food as well as transform your body and mind. More on sleep here.
Smoothie: Cut and Blend:
- 2 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 large tablespoon chia or flax seed
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup frozen berries or mangos
- 1-1/2 avocado
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1 tablespoon greens powder
- 1-2 cups coconut milk, almond milk, or water
- Large pinch of cinnamon to stabilize blood sugar for the day
- Bonus- add cilantro, celery, or peeled lemon.
Fact: Our beautiful bodies need certain vitamins and minerals and electrolytes every single day to function properly. When these are lacking, low energy, moodiness, and low concentration will occur. Starting your day with this incredible smoothie will fuel your body with the building blocks it needs to feel amazing, have clear thinking, and endless amounts of energy! The medium chain triglycerides and lauric acid in coconut oil are also powerhouses for energy, weight loss, and hormonal balance.
Higher amounts of sugar, even natural sugar, spike the bodies blood sugar levels which sends our mood, energy, and hormones out of sync. This causes energy crashes, mood swings, fat storage, and skin problems. Having too much fruit or sugar in the morning will make you hungry short after. Replacing that sugar with protein and healthy fat will set your body up for a day of success. Lower sugar fruits like green apples, kiwi, grapefruit and berries, are amazing for fueling your body with thousands of nutrients while being lower in sugar to stabilize and transform the body.
- Left over dinner
- Salad with protein, fat, and veggies.
- Eggs and veggies
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup heirloom or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for coating the dish
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a 9 x 9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, scramble the eggs and add all of the ingredients, except the tomatoes. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Place all the tomatoes on top, they should float.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Chop onions and chop potatoes in little cubes
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium heat. Add oil or butter and swirl around pan. When butter is melted, add sweet potatoes, onions, and a generous pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and starting to brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve together and top with avocado.