Two big ideas to know: Movement vs. exercise
- Movement is not considered exercise- it is what you do throughout the day to keep blood and oxygen moving through the body. Walking, stretching, house work, etc.
- Moving consistently throughout the day is key- walking, cooking, building, etc. The more movement throughout the day, the more changes you will see in your body and health.
- Most people work jobs that require sitting all day: In this case- take movement breaks- getting up for a couple of minutes every hour to stretch, walk, jump, do a few push ups/squats ect. This will dramatically increase your focus and productivity at work because you are getting blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the brain that are needed for focus and creativity!
- Exercise is taking a specific time to work and move and strengthen the body, preferable working as hard as you can- getting the heart rate up.
- High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT- is the most effective exercise style for maximum fat burning, metabolism boosting, hormone balancing, and energy. Exercising at very high intensity interspersed with periods of moderate rest, is one of the best ways to get in shape.
- Doing 20 minutes of a HIIT exercise will give you better results than going for an hour run!
- Not only does it beat conventional cardio as the most effective and efficient form of exercise, it also provides health benefits you simply cannot get from regular aerobics, such as a tremendous boost in human growth hormone (HGH), aka the “fitness and anti aging hormone.”
- You can do so much at home: push-ups, squats, planks, lunges, pull ups are some of the best exercises you can do for your body. Take 20 minutes, put on some music and simply go through these exercises.