- Your gut and digestion are the cornerstone of your health and they control your immune system.
- Your gut absorbs nutrients from your food to use for all body systems and to provide energy to the body. If you do not have a healthy gut- you will not be absorbing nutrients from your food.
- Leaky gut is at the root of almost all health conditions- hormone imbalances, cancer, digestive concerns, depression, anxiety.
- A healthy gut = healthy hormones, energy, mood, and disease prevention.
- Any condition or issue you are dealing with will be improved by focusing on your gut health.
Are you eating inflammatory foods that are harming your gut and digestion? (Sugar, vegetable oils, gluten, medications. non filtered water). Are you eating foods that support your gut? (Bone broth, healthy fats, vegetables, fermented foods.)
1 . Today, remove vegetable oils and gluten from your diet (remember vegetable oils are found in most packaged foods and dressings )
2. Consume therapeutic quality probiotics in one of the following ways:
Go purchase one of these if you do not already have some.
- Therapeutic grade probiotic pill (prescipt assist, can buy on amazon OR garden of life 100 billion probiotic, can find at health food store)
- Raw sauerkraut or kimchi (found at health food store in refrigerated section)
- Coconut water kefir (found at health food store in refrigerated section)
2. Practice How You Eat
- Practice healing and strengthening your digestion today- which will increase energy, reverse disease, balance hormones, and uplift mood!
What if the most important part of a healthy diet is not WHAT you eat, but rather HOW you eat it?
You body has to be in a relaxation response to absorb and use the nutrients you are eating- which it is not when you are eating in a rush, in front of a TV or computer, or in the car. Eating in a rushed state shuts down digestion leading to bloating, constipation, weight gain, low energy and no absorption of nutrients. You could be eating the healthiest food in the world, but if you eat while working, watching tv, or driving, you wont absorb the amazing nutrients you are eating.
Today, at each meal:
- Set aside time for each meal- and allow your attention to be just on that- your meal.
- Take 5 deep breathes before each meal.
- Really focus on the tastes and sensations of the food.
- Chew until liquid.
- Go for a short walk after each meal to help with digestion and metabolism.
- Do not drink liquids during a meal- this dilutes the digestives enzymes you need to digest and use the nutrients in your foods. Drink 15 minutes before a meal and wait 2 hours after a meal.
- Try no to eat in a angry, worried, or rushed state.
- Have a fermented food such as kimchi, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar at each meal to help digestion and absorption of nutrients you are eating.
Write your answers in your guidebook, and then mark this lesson COMPLETE when you finish your checklist for the day.
Download book here: Health-Transformation-Guide-Final1.pdf
Fantastic work! Day two, accomplished!