Dry brushing is an ancient technique to aid in the skin’s ability to release and remove toxins from the body.
After years as an Estheticain, I cannot express the importance of detoxifying your skin as it is one of the most important elimination organs in the body. Any toxic build up or imbalance that is going on inside of your body will reflect through your skin.
Between sweat and shedding of dead cells, our skin is hard at work 24/7 trying to eliminate the waste we accumulate. Sad part is, we often block our skins natural detoxifying process by putting chemical filled lotions and antiperspirants on every day.
The best way to see noticeable results in your health is to do things that help your body detoxify, instead of giving it more toxins (processed food, toxic personal care products, toxic cleaning products) to detoxify from. Dry brushing and sweating are two powerful ways we can detoxify our body for clear skin and high energy.
Having a body with as little toxic build up as possible results in radiant health, balanced hormones, glowing skin, and freedom from any illness or disease. The best part is, it’s easy, cheap, takes little time, and the result is a less toxic body and smooth skin – done and done.
Full Body Detoxification
The lymphatic system is like the “garbage disposal of the body.” The only way it can take the toxins and fluids that are accumulated throughout our day is through our movement and touch stimulation. If we are not moving or massaging/brushing each day, our garbage is not getting taken out. Without movement and touch, the lymphatic fluid and toxins get blocked in the lymph instead of leaving the body.
Beautiful Benefits of Dry Brushing:
2. Dry body brushing removes dead skin cells which encourages cell renewal. This results in smoother and brighter skin.
3. Stimulates nerve endings in the skin which completely rejuvenates the nervous system.
4. Cleans the lymphatic system. Detoxification occurs first and foremost through the lymph which is part of our immune system. In other words, a strong lymphatic system = stronger immune system.
5. It helps with muscle tone and gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits.
6. Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health.
The ‘How To’s’ and Getting Started:
2. Skin brushing can be preformed once a day, preferably in the morning.
3. The brushing should be done prior to a bath or shower with your body completely dry.
4. Brush your skin in long strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders. Always brush towards the heart.