Anti-aging secrets seem to be all the rage. Pills, potions, lotions, creams, drinks. . . all with promising benefits. The truth is, getting older does not mean our bodies begin to have problems. If we keep giving it the nutrients it needs, cleaning out the toxins it accumulates, and moving- the mind and body will stay sharp and functional until death! The problem is, we are not cleaning out the toxins that accumulate each day- so they keep building up leading to aging, disease, imbalance, low energy etc.
There are cultures around the world (including Okinawa which has the largest population of centenarians) that have communities of people living well into their hundreds, fully functional, mentally sharp, and enjoying life.
Biggest Factors of Aging
Cleansing resets the body. In the toxic world we live in, our body is accumulating more toxins than it is getting rid of which is causing aging, disease, mental and physical problems in the body. Without regular detoxification, the body slowly breaks down.
It goes without saying, processed, packaged, and fast food cause toxic build up and inflammation in the body that directly affect the body’s appearance and function. Sugar and vegetable oils are the main offenders of premature aging.
Lack of Movement:
Sitting all day long prevents blood, oxygen, and nutrients to circulate in cells and body organs.
Staying Young Healthy
Eat an anti-inflammatory diet full of veggies, greens, fruits, organic meat and eggs, fish, plenty of healthy fats, brain octane oil, nuts, and seeds. Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of filtered water each day. This will ensure you are getting all of the enzyme, antioxidents, and amino acids you need to stay vibrant and youthful!
Move throughout the day and try not to sit for long periods of time along with a few sessions of high-intensity (HIIT) exercise a week.
3 Advanced Anti-aging Secrets
If you are eating a great diet and detoxifying- adding these three strategies make a profound difference in every cell of the body.
Red vs blue light can have an incredible impact on your skin and hormones. It has been used in top spas for years to even skin tone, get rid of acne, and stimulate collagen production.
High-Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT– is the most effective exercise style for maximum fat burning, metabolism boosting, hormone balancing, and energy. Exercising at very high intensity interspersed with periods of moderate rest, is one of the best ways to get in shape.
- The good news here is that doing 20 minutes of a HIIT exercise will give you better results than going for an hour run!
- Not only does it beat conventional cardio as the most effective and efficient form of exercise, it also provides health benefits you simply cannot get from regular aerobics, such as a tremendous boost in human growth hormone (HGH), aka the “fitness and anti aging hormone.”
- These high intensity bursts create an “oxygen debt,” and burn up all the stored sugar (glycogen) within your muscles and liver. The following adaptation that your body goes through over the next 24-36 hours is to store sugar in the muscle and liver (not in the fat cells) and to burn fat for energy. Therefore, you burn fat while you are sleeping!
- Increases heart & lung power
- Increases muscle strength
- Takes 5-20 minutes 1-3 times a week
Learn how to do HIIT here.
Today, people in Finland, Russia, Thailand, Korea and Japan have a long history of cold showering for great health and one of their anti-aging secrets. The polar bear club engages in winter swimming escapades and they report better memory, mood and energy.
Cold showers or alternating shower temperatures between warm and cold has a powerful effect on circulation. When you expose yourself to cold temperatures your body constricts blood supply. When exposed to heat the vessels dilate and expand. Changing these temperatures and using cold water dramatically improves the tone of the blood vessel walls. This gives the body a greater adaptability in driving blood into areas that are needed.
Cold showers boost the immune system, improves skin complexion, boosts metabolism, and much more. Although not pleasant- cold showers have an incredibly noticeable anti-aging effect.
Intermittent fasting is one of the most effective Anti-Aging Secrets around. Our ancient ancestors grew up in a world of stress and scarcity. Food was often not available and intermittent fasting was common.
- Intermittent fasting reduces oxidative stress, enhances cellular repair processes and appears to be a key strategy for anti-aging and longevity.
- Intermittent fasting acts to turn on certain genetic repair mechanisms that enhance cellular rejuvenation.
- Intermittent fasting is the most powerful healing modality for decreasing inflammation, rebuilding the body, boosting metabolism, and much more. It is one of the most effective and powerful detoxification strategies you can do.
- Try fasting for 24-48 hours once of month, or having an eating window during the week where you only eat between 12-7pm- giving your body a good 18 hours to repair and rejuvenate each day.
Supplements for Anti-aging
Providing the body with as many minerals, probiotics, amino acids, and essential fatty acids is extremely powerful to stay fit, have healthy skin and hair, balance hormones, have amazing energy, and glow from the inside out.
Simply drinking 1/2 your weight in ounces of body water a day, avoiding sugar, vegetable oils, gluten, and non-organic meat and dairy will cause a DRAMATIC difference in how you look and feel!