“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
What Visualizing Does to Your Brain
- Each thought is physically creating something in your brain. When we think, feel, or imagine, we create.
- When you visualize, you are physically creating pathways in your brain as if you actually were doing it.
Studies show that the part of your brain that gets activated by thinking about an action is the same part of the brain that gets activated when you are actually doing the action. Your brain does not know the difference between what is real and what is imagined.
- Athletes have known this secret for years. When you mentally rehearse something over and over, your brain begins to form the pathways as if it already happened.
- Your focused thought changes your brain- your MIND changes your BRAIN.
Create Your Own Happy Pill
- We can create and generate neurotransmitters and hormones with our thoughts and movement! Our thoughts are either creating good hormones and chemicals, or bad hormones and chemicals.
- Your thoughts may be causing a particular imbalance. If you are thinking negatives thoughts and not moving- you are creating bad neurotransmitters that lead to depression and anxiety.
- To change you emotions- thinking about gratitude or something you love literally create serotonin, endorphins, dopamine and progesterone- the best feeling hormones we have.
- When you are in a bad emotion, we can:
- think: generate positive emotions
- act: Smiling, throwing hands in the air, sitting up strait, doing a power superman pose for 1 minute- etc. When doing this, real or not, your brain begins to produce hormones and neurochemicals as if it were actually happening.
- move: moving provides blood and oxygen to the brain and produces positive brain chemicals.
- Even if you feel no motivation, your thought and actions can physical generate the chemicals and hormones needed to feel it. The hardest part is taking the first step to do something, once you start- momentum takes over and you become unstoppable!