Fact One: Your Perception Changes Your World
It is not stress or our circumstances itself that that creates health and mental problems, it is our perception, emotions, and thoughts about them that is the signal to our body!
- Even if you are experiencing a stressful situation- if you view that stress in a positive light, seeing it as making a stronger, better, closer to God- then it won’t be harmful to your health or body!
- No matter what has happened in our lives, we have the power to change what that experience means to us by generating different thoughts and emotions and thus change our experience, both physically and emotionally. Therein lies true healing.
- Changing your thoughts and emotions about something physically changes your brain and the effect it has on your body.
Fact Two: Your Power is in Your Awareness of Your Thoughts
- The enemy wants your to think life is hopeless, hard, and a struggle. He will do anything to STEAL your focus and have all of your thought be around the negative- which then shapes your life. The faster you can become aware of when you are focusing on what you do not like, what you do not have, and what is going wrong, and switch that to what you do love, what you do have, and what you are grateful for- true change and power begins to take place.
- The more you practice becoming aware and shifting your thoughts, the more you grow that muscle in your brain.
- The world and the enemy have no power- they can only present a lie. We are the ones that grow the lie and give it power by thinking about it- we are physically growing it in our brains- but we can become aware that it is a lie- and refocus our thoughts on truth.
- We can look at any situation in two ways: find the silver lining, or focus on the destruction. This fact is what separates people. Two people could go through the same situation- and one will experience post traumatic stress disorder and the other will experience post traumatic GROWTH- all based on how they choose to view the situation.