One who is full loathes honey from the comb, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet. Proverbs 27:7
Your Focus Becomes Your Reality
- Our brains were designed to focus- to always be directing our attention to something. Whatever we direct our attention towards- becomes our reality.
- Every single input we allow in from our five senses is shaping who we are, and who we will become- whether we like it or not.
Example: Take a look around the room and find 3 things that are blue and memorize them………………………………Now, look back here and tell me 3 things in the room that are yellow.
See, your eyes did see yellow things but your subsconceince mind was not looking for them.
You can literally set the filter of what you see in the day.
Reticular Activating System
- Your Reticular Activating System is a part of your brain that filters all of the information coming at you. It only takes in what you have deemed most important by your habitual mental setup.
- If your mental muscles have been trained to look for worry, problems, things you do not like-that is what you will see.
- It’s all in what you have knowingly OR unknowingly programmed your brain to do.
Set the Filter of Your Brain
- You are quite literally taking in BILLIONS of bits of information each microsecond.
- Here is the thing: there is so much good and so much bad happening around us- we cannot take in all of it, and we set the filter of what our brain chooses to notice about life happening around you.
- Imagine if your sub conscience mind was constantly seeing every good thing about people, yourself, and everything about your day.
One who is full loathes honey from the comb, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet. Depending on how we set the filter of our mind will determine how we experience life.