A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.Prov 14:30 Prov 17:22 “A rejoicing heart causes good healing, but a stricken spirit rots the bones”
Our physical body, and every cell in our body can only be in 1 of 2 states at any given time.
We are either operating out of fear(worry, anger, lack, criticism) or faith (love, hope, optimism)
Option One: Sympathetic FEAR
- Also known as ‘fight or flight’ or fear zone
- We go into this state when we feel fear, shame, frustration, anger, envy, worry-
- Our cells + hormones are in survival mode, they are not growing, being produced, repairing, or protecting your body from outside invaders.
- Shuts off the part of your brain that allows you to think clearly, to be compassionate, to see the whole picture
- Shuts down impulse control.
- Cortosil steal
- Hormonal Systems go into choas
Option Two: Parasympathetic FAITH
- Also know as rest, repair, and growth or love/faith zone
- Cells are growing, repairing, protecting
- The part of the brain that allows us to have compassion, to be able to see the big picture of things, to have motivation, inspiration, creativity, and to see solutions is turned on
- You are aware, in control of impulses and can think and speak clearly.
- All hormonal systems are running as designed.
The problem is, we are in option one WAY too much from the little triggers in our day to day life. Traffic, financial worry, stress at work, stress in relationships…
90% health and hormonal problems are caused because people are in that zone way too often, which physically does not allow each body system to function as it is supposed to.
It is true, “A rejoicing heart causes good healing, but a stricken spirit rots the bones”. Unforgivness, envy, anger, anxiety, worry- all put is into a state that literally destroys the body. While love, joy, and gratitude heal the body.
We want to be in option two as often as possible.
We want to learn how to stay in option two– even when triggered by anger, shame, worry, and all of the other daily stressors.